Sunday, June 3, 2018

Sunny days!

Duke Blueberries 6.3.18

 Duke Days. . .

Well, we were open yesterday for blueberry picking on just the Duke variety (since nothing else was ripe).  Here you can see a couple of pictures of the blueberries after the picking.  Can you tell that we didn't have enough people picking?

Since there are so many that are blue on this variety, we are planning to open up on Monday night, June 4th, from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. and get an extra slot of picking in.

I made it out to pick some berries after the customers left yesterday and found a few clouds to cover me and a light breeze to keep me cool.  It was some nice picking!  Entire clusters at points are ready to just fall into the bucket.
Closeup of Duke

I also put my niece and hired hands to work helping me pick berries.  It's great to have a little competition going.  They were comparing their levels and trying to see who could pick the fastest.

The sunny, warm days are bringing the rest of the crop into ripeness as well.  Today I looked right next to this variety and noticed that the Top Shelf, Blue Ribbon and Pimlico varieties are turning blue.  That means the Bluejay and the Blue ray will probably also be turning this week and ready to pick by Saturday.

Sweet summertime!  I love this life of warm days, cool breezes here and there and berries to pop in my bucket.

God is good - all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment