Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Blueberry Blessings - 2015




It's that time of year!  With the plentiful rain in May, the blueberries have plumped right up and it looks like we will be having a bumper crop of big berries.

Our first variety, Duke, is blue on the outside and a little lighter on the back side.  However, I managed to get my first two gallons picked and the flavor is mellow and not sour at all.  Since my daughter is home with my new grand baby, I've already made blueberry muffins, blueberry sauce for waffles and a quick and easy blueberry cobbler!  Yum!

I noticed this morning when the porta-potties were brought to the field, that the BlueJay variety is also about to turn blue.  It's going to be a good day for picking berries on Saturday, when we open for customers.

I love that God has blessed us with the fruit of our labor.  A friend of mine came last year to pick berries and commented on how he was going to give his first fruits to his neighbors.  Oh, to have an attitude of gratitude and thankfulness!  

See you in the patch soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment