Monday, June 15, 2015
I made sure to wash the berries and get rid of any soil, grass or over-ripe berries.
Then I heated the berries to make them easier to push through a strainer with a pestle. In one batch I tried to eliminate all the seeds. In a second batch, I only took out half the pulp and left a bit in. I like the seeds in my jam; it makes it taste like real raspberry jam!
After pouring into Ball jelly jars, I placed them in a hot water bath for 10 minutes and took them out.
Voila! Raspberry Jam that is almost seedless, and another from a batch that has the seeds. I can hardly wait to get to work on Blackberry Jam
See you soon!